The Trust owns and operates a number of property assets in East Brighton. These properties comprise of two shops with flats above, the Bevy Community Pub and the Westergate Business Centre. We aim to achieve a number of objectives through our property management operation, including:
- Provide facilities for local projects
- Enable start-up businesses to grow and prosper in the East Brighton area
- Contribute to the local economy and provide employment opportunities for local people in Brighton and Hove’s most deprived wards, and across the city
- Provide employment space for and actively encourage and promote the growth of businesses, run by and employing local people
- Provide local headquarters for organisations running contracts and projects for the benefit of disadvantaged local people
- Contribute to the housing mix in the East Brighton area by providing affordable family accommodation for local Brighton and Hove key workers
- Delivery of a range of grant programmes
The properties owned and managed by the East Brighton Trust are:
Barcombe Road Shop: 48 Barcombe Road, Moulsecoomb, Brighton, BN1 9JQ
Manor Hill Shop: 39 Manor Hill, Manor Farm, Brighton, BN2 5EL
Westergate Business Centre: Moulsecoomb, Brighton, BN2 4QN
This is a state of the art environmentally-friendly development, including solar panel heated water, geo-thermal heated central heating and a wind turbine generating electricity, promoting the use of renewable energy and sustainability.
The development comprises nine business units and ten offices, leased to both commercial and voluntary sector organisations.
For more information click here.
The Bevy Pub: 50 Hillside, Brighton, BN2 4TF
Opened in December 2014 as the first co-op pub on a housing estate in the UK - The Bevy is much more than just a pub.
This is the latest property asset of the Trust, purchased in December 2010. The property compromises the former bar area on the ground floor and three one-bed flats above, with an external beer garden on a 0.117 hectare site (situated on the corner of Hillside and Widdicombe Way).
Click here to visit The Bevy website.